TENSHO is an African company which understands the requirements and challenges of training individuals in a diverse and multicultural environment.
5 week accredited anti-poaching & farm protection training program.
Tensho, has over the years, developed some of the most advanced training programs found on the African continent. Our reputation has allowed us to employ the worlds’ most sought-after Special Forces Instructors, who bring cutting edge training technologies and methods to Tensho’s training programs.
Combat Survival Instructor
Ray is widely regarded as the world’s leading Sub-Saharan tracking and combat survival instructor. He joined the Rhodesian Light Infantry in 1970 and transferred to the Selous Scouts in 1975. In 1980 Ray relocated to South Africa and joined the South African Army as the lead survival instructor at 1 and 5 Recce. After his resignation from the SANDF, Ray was contracted by the South African Air Force to develop and write the SAAF’s Escape, Evasion and Survival Curriculum, which is still in use today. In 2003 Ray headed to the wars of Iraq and Afghanistan where he operated as a PSD and weapons instructor for several leading private military companies.
Tensho’s five week anti-poaching and farm protection training program encompasses advanced bush craft and tactical training. Candidates will learn to become specialists in rural tactical operations. Tensho’s course content is presented by former Special Forces members who have decades of sub-Saharan combat experience. The course is designed to develop competent and professional operators who are able to work in high risk rural operations.
Some of the course content which will be covered during the 5 week course is outlined below:
- First Aid Level 1 with Tactical Emergency Casualty Care certification.
- Venomous snake bite first aid - FGASA recognised
- Occupational health and safety practices
- Basic Firefighting
- Aspects within general security practices
- Aspects within specialised security practices
- Ground communication fundamentals
- Crime scene preservation & management
- Legal aspects pertaining to security operations
- Providing evidence in a court of law
- Unarmed combat and self defence
- Tactical small team day and night operations
- Joint day and night operations
- Advanced snake handling course - FGASA Recognised
- Black mamba handling course - FGASA recognised
- Big Game approach techniques
- Big cat interaction and approach
- Basic to advanced tactical weapons handling and movements
- Trails Guide endorsed by FGASA
- Arrest and restraint techniques
- Tactical vehicle discipline
- Survival techniques
- Human tracking
- Map & GPS navigation
- Identification of poacher snaring devices
- Understanding of poaching techniques
- Camouflage and concealment
- Accommodation (Sharing)
- Three sets of uniforms per student (Student to bring their own sturdy boots)
- Course equipment & weapons are provided
- Housekeeping (washing and Ironing is done for the student)
- Transfers from OR Tambo airport to training facility
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Beverages throughout the day
- No VAT is charged for this course.
- Anyone who has a desire and passion to work in the bush and protect wildlife
- Farmers and individuals living in remote farming and rural areas.
- Local and international young men & women wishing to gain valuable life-skills
- Wildlife rangers and conservationists who participate in law enforcement operations and who are not currently qualified as security protection officers.
- Game reserves which want to upskill their anti-poaching units
- Wildlife Campus FGASA endorsed trail guide certificate
- SASSETA accredited E,D,C,B & A Grade security qualification.
- Basic and advanced firearms tactical proficiency certification (PFTC certified)
- Basic first aid level 1 with TECC (Tactical Emergency Casualty Care )
- The Snake Awareness, identification and snakebite first aid treatment certificate (FGASA & HPCSA approved)
- Venomous Snake Handling certificate (FGASA & HPCSA approved)
- Black Mamba Handling course (FGASA approved)
- 18 years and above.
- English Language proficiency.
- Clear criminal record based on an approved criminal background check (Tensho conducts the background checks after your deposit payment has been made)
- Payments can be made via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- A 50% deposit will secure your space on the course
- Full payment must be received 15 calendar days before the course commences
- Cancellation – Unfortunately due to operational costs a no refund policy shall apply.
Once you have graduated, Tensho shall load your profile onto our dedicated graduate web page for potential employers to contact you directly for possible employment.
Due to our network within the commercial farming, private game reserves and national parks, you will also be included in a closed mail group for job opportunities which may arise through this network.
Note: The student can apply for finance for this course through any of the major SA Banks.
It has been the student's experience that Capitec is more user friendly.
In association with
Donations and Sponsorships
Although Tensho does not accept donations, we do however, have a number of enthusiastic and dedicated candidates who require sponsorship to attend the 5 week anti-poaching and farm protection course. Should you wish to sponsor an aspiring wildlife protection officer, we will gladly provide you with further information pertaining to these candidates.